Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 25 - From Motown (AKA Tiger Town) to the Emerald City

JULY 25

You know, I had a really good time on my trip. It was lots of fun and I met a lot of people. I learned that Michigan has really nice and cute girls - of all ages. I learned that people are so friendly when talking with sock monkeys. I learned how to shoot pool, and I ate a lot of really good food. I met Big Boy, and Uncle Sam, and Bike Monkey, and The Outlaws Motorcycle Gang from Kalamazoo, and Ken's friends and cousins. I LOVED seeing Frannie and Jesse again. AND I met Wendy's very cool son-in-law John and his very cool cousin Tom. What a treat seeing Aunt Dale and Uncle Rod. I hope the next time I go on a plane, I can meet people as nice as my new plane friends Jeff, Nico, and David. (I also want to get a Hero Exit Row seat again. And I'll ask the Captain if he or she will let me play on the slide after we land.) 


I met a lady named Cupid at Comerica Park, and Mickey and the Statue of Liberty there, too. At Starbucks, the Starbuckians were fun to play with, the coffee was nummy, and Terri was very smiley! There were lots of girls all over the place - Carrie, Audrey, Marissa, and the super sweet ladies from Mercy Class of '91. Howard and Mindy were way too fun - and I'm glad that Howard played with me and taught me how to shoot pool. I am really happy that I got a chance to go to Frankfort and to Corktown!

Sue and Emeline were so nice to me - and I was sad that Sue could not come to the Tigers game that she got us the tickets for! She's one of my heroes, and I can't wait to spend time with her soon.

It was so exciting when I woke up today and got dressed in my new Tigers uniform! I asked Mr. Potato Head to play ball with Puppy, Baby, and me. He has a Tigers uniform, too! We looked like real ball players and we were pretending to be watching the other team STRIKE OUT!
I told Mr. Potato Head all about the Tigers game, and I taught my friends all about how to do a wave. The four of us tried to do a wave, but they all wanted to raise their arms as soon as I put mine down. We have to work on the timing. Then we played catch for a while. One time I threw the ball and all three of them shouted, "I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" but it ended up falling in the middle of them! We all laughed really hard, and Baby even fell over backwards laughing!
Traveling is fun, especially the Frannie and Jesse part because they are my oldest friends. I loved when they cuddled me, because it made me feel so loved. When I got home and was playing ball with my new friends, I realized that home is where you hang your Tigers cap. And right now, that's Seattle.

So stay tuned for my Odyssey in the Great Pacific Northwest! Maybe Wendy and Ken will take me to a Mariners ballgame, and I can have some garlic fries. And a hot dog, too. I understand that the Mariners could REALLY use an Authentic Rally Monkey this season. Maybe they will hire me and I can play with The Mariner Moose, who is their very funny mascot!

4 comments:

  1. Marty thinks Ernie should visit our place up north!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... Marty might have a good idea there, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernie, where have you been? The people Ken works with really miss your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Leeann!

    Thanks for the kind words! I was busy setting up my store, and now I'm ready to take on some more adventures! ~ Ernie

    ReplyDelete