Saturday, July 24, 2010

July 21 - Playing around and around

JULY 21

We packed up to head back to Detroit, and before we left Beulah, we went to the playground! I had so much fun! There were a few kids around, but mostly it was just Wendy, Ken and me. And I got to do whatever I wanted!

I slid down this curvy slide, and that was almost fun. I went down on my tummy and I was yelling, “WHEEEEE!” until I saw the puddle of water at the bottom of the slide! My “WHEEEEE!” turned into “YIKES!” – fortunately, Ol’ Wen was right there to grab me so only my hand got a little wet.

Next I went on this spring-looking thing. I started out great at the top, and I was yelling, “KEN! KEN! I’m as big as you are!” and I was laughing and having fun, until I stretched my two hands up to be as big as I could be. Then I fell down the middle of the spring! It was so scary! Ken caught me before I hit the ground, and he had to kind of pull me out of the spring, and I didn’t like it. I was crying because, well, it’s pretty scary to be on top of the world one moment and then next you are being pulled through some giant metal spring! Wendy was able to comfort me, and I stopped crying when I saw something that looked like Monkey Bars! That was fun, until I got my head caught in the bars when I was pretending to be a prisoner in jail!

 
 
After I was sprung from my self-imposed prison, I had a chance to slide down a normal slide. At first, the going was slow, which was okay by me. I had had enough adventure on this playground! Then Ken thought I might like a faster trip down the slide, so he threw a little sand on it, and SWOOOOP! there I went down the slide! That was it for me. I was done.
We walked over to an art fair, and Ken and his buddies Gary and Charlie posed for a picture with me. It was great fun goofing around with the guys!

On the way to the car, I saw something very upsetting. There was a big sign up at that beach. A really bossy sign. No feeding the waterfowl, no animals or alcohol, no lifeguard, no boats and so on. Very bossy. But what really got me mad – and I don’t get mad very often (unless somebody yells at me when I am just trying to get a snack in the back seat of the car, and I’m bored, and I just want to know if we are there yet…). For some mean reason, they singled out animals as the category to be the biggest NO! At first I thought this was something to do with a human’s health, like the ordinary 98.6 temperature. But, NOOOOOO! It’s a special ORDINANCE Ken told me specifically aimed at animals! Just to show them, I had my picture taken ON that stupid sign! I’m thinking about sending it to Poopyheads who run that city just to show them that I don’t care about their poopyhead ordinances! 

1 comment:

  1. Ernie is having the summer that I wish I could have!

    ReplyDelete